Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wedding Plans


Planning a wedding, like so many others, is something that only happens once or twice in a mother's life. This was the first one that I had been put in charge of, and I must admit that it was as stressful as I had heard. Since I wanted everything to be just perfect for my little girl, I put a great deal of effort into my selections.
First and foremost, I knew that one of the Perthshire hotels that we had visited throughout the years would be prefect to hold the reception in, as the hotel staff are exceptional. I knew that I would be able to fully rely on them to make sure everything went as planned. With that out of the way, the next big obstacle that I had to overcome were the invitations. Who would have thought that a simple invitation, and the RSVPs would be the cause of such anxiety. All I was asking was a simple yes or no, but it seemed that many people were unwilling to commit.


Having accomplished the task of sending out all the invitations, I felt it was somewhat necessary that my husband and I take a little vacation after all of this was said and done. For this reason, I booked a Hotel in Edinburgh centre to accommodate us. I did consider staying in the same hotel as the reception, but my daughter and her new husband were going to stay there for their honeymoon. Not wanting to get in the way of their memorable experience, I thought it best if we relocated for our vacation. The wedding was a huge success, as I did receive many compliments on everything, and our vacation was much deserved. Thankfully, that was the one and only wedding that I will have to plan, as I do not think I have it in me to do another.

No comments:

Post a Comment