Friday, November 4, 2011

Tour de Scotland


Although you would not think that Scotland is a favourable place to ride a bike, you would be surprised at how enjoyable it can actually be. I am not stating that I am the next tour de France winner, but I do ride frequently, and I have a difficult time leaving my bike at home when our family goes on lengthy trips. I contemplated for weeks whether or not I would take it along with me to Scotland, as the country is well known for hills and dangerous roads. Yet, in the end, I thought it would be more beneficial to have it than to regret it. I am sure glad I came to that conclusion.

Some of the roads were quite difficult, but that made the experience even more enjoyable. Moreover, the views from certain points around our area were absolutely breathtaking. Never in my life had I had the privilege to partake in such an activity. Although many of the locals take their become desensitized to the sheer beauty of the country that they live in, they certainly do appreciate being reminded. I would enjoy about a two hour ride in the morning from our Short break Scotland hotel to a cafe that was about 50 km away. To me, this was the most enjoyable part of the trip. It left me entirely alone with my thoughts, while winding through the fog on a road that I had never been on before. I am aware that Hotel breaks Scotland is a luxury hotel, but they did not seem to mind me walking through the lobby in my biking outfit. In fact, I think they found it somewhat hilarious. Regardless, I must extend my gratitude towards a few of the Hotel breaks Scotland staff. They were very helpful in planning our trip. Two thumbs up for Short break Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment