Friday, November 11, 2011

Fed Up with Canadian Cell Phone Coverage


Have you ever noticed the difference in cell phone coverage when you travel abroad? Perhaps it is only me, as I live in the worst country for it, Canada. There is something about this country that has me actually dumbfounded when it comes to our approach to mobile coverage. We pay more, but get less. If anyone can make sense of this please feel free to add to the discussion, or perhaps join me on parliament hill. Yet, I do feel as though I speak from experience.

I had the pleasure of taking a trip to Scotland last month, and I took my cell phone with me. Making sure to turn off roaming, I felt as though my phone was merely a pocket warmer. You see, cell phone companies love to charge us Canadians for absolutely anything that they can, probably because we tend to be passive victims. Kind of disappointed that I could not remain in contact via my cell phone with my loved ones during this trip, I resorted to using the Short breaks Scotland hotel's customer phone. In the end, I am sure I spent less on the Short break Scotland hotel phone than it would have cost me to use my own phone. I found it so frustrating having to use the Short breaks Scotland hotel phone, as I was in a three year contract with my cell provider. This just gets me really worked up, I can't believe that we as a country stand for this kind of abuse. Perhaps we should look into having a Short break Scotland hotel as a cell provider. They were really kind and accommodating.

Of course that sounds ridiculous, but a girl can dream can't she? If anyone else out there feels violated by Canadian cell phone providers, get out there and let your voice be heard. Just don't call me, I can't afford the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment